This qualification addresses work in client homes and other community settings within defined organisational guidelines and service plans.
- Carry out activities related to maintaining an individual's well being through personal care and/or other activities of living
- May provide services to individuals with complex needs, and/or work with groups of older people Work may include training and support to promote independence and community participation, which may be provided as part of activities and programs in a variety of home and community care settings
- Report to service managers and liaise with professionals and other service providers
- May be required to supervise and/or coordinate a limited number of other workers.
|Supersedes and is equivalent to CHC40208 - Certificate IV in Home and Community Care
||Updated in V4 Updated core WHS unit. Equivalent vocational outcome.
|Is superseded by CHC43015 - Certificate IV in Ageing Support
||This version was released in CHC Community Services Training Package release 2.0 and meets the requirements of the 2012 Standards for Training Packages. Merged CHC40108 and CHC40212. Change to packaging rules. Removal on entry requirements. Significant change to core units. Minimum work requirement of 120 hours.
15 units are required for award of this qualification including:
6 core units
9 elective units
A wide range of elective units is available, including:
- Group A electives which are recommended for culturally aware and respectful practice
- Group B electives which are recommended for advanced care work
- Group C electives which are recommended for service coordination work
- Other relevant electives listed below
- Units of competency to address workplace requirements and packaged at the level of this qualification or higher in Community Services and/or Health Training Packages
- Where appropriate, to address workplace requirements, up to 3 units of competency packaged at the level of this qualification or higher in other relevant Training Packages or accredited courses where the details of those courses are available on the TGA or other public listing